Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Zimbabwe Day 5




These two videos are a part of the journey to Mukazi. Mukazi is about 25 km from the homestead. It is in the Lower terrain of Zimbabwe which is the the driest and hottest region.

The people in this region of Zim were different from the people in some of the other villages. There was a nervousness that existed with our presence. It is an area that is closely watched by the government. After the revival one of the leaders of the area made it clear that what had happened that day was about Bible teaching.

The great thing about being here is that they want a church in their region. The team from Westerville took a small group to Mukazi to get permission from the leaders for people to come to the school. We took a larger team and did a VBS and a revival.

The school at Mukazi used to be the home of a white farmer. It sat on the top of a large hill that overlooked the plains. It was one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. We thought there were only going to be a couple hundred students but there were over five hundred. After I would teach the lesson I would tell the children they could ask me about anything. They would ask me about my family. One girl asked me how many children I had. I told her three and she followed up by asking why not 13 like families there. I asked them what they did when they got home from school. They responded with things like: gather fire wood, get water, clean or gather cattle.

The revival here was smaller because this is such a new region for the church. There were 29 decisions on this day. Again, God showed up in a big way as we took the message of Jesus to the ends of the earth. Below is a video of the children singing as a welcome.

No comments: