Monday, November 16, 2009

Zimbabwe Day 4



We went to Chiremwaremwa on Tuesday. Don't ask me how to pronounce the name of this village, I do know it means "bat." So we can just call it the "bat village." We went to the school there and did Vacation Bible School. The video is from one of the classes singing before we did the lesson for the day.

After the Vacation Bible School we did another revival where 140 people made a decision to follow Jesus. It was another great day!

After the revival we went to the church in the village where they held a dedication service for the church and a new preacher. This was really cool because a little
over a year ago Rhonda and I bought a bike for Solomon to get to this village and get the church started. I have the name of this village written in the front of my Bible (which has been there for over a year) so that I would remember to pray for this church. It was awesome to get to sit in this dedication service.

This may have been one of the coolest things for me personally knowing that this was a place on the outer edges of the world I had committed to prayer. I can only thank God for this experience. Below are some pictures of the church.




No comments: