Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Unequally Yoked?

We are in a series called, "Takin' it to the Streets." We have defined "it" as being the kingdom. We are to be kingdom people, who bring the kingdom of God to the streets. Last week the teaching was on taking the kingdom to the marketplace. We looked at Colossians 3:1-17 and talked about the transformation that needs to take place when we die to ourselves and are raised with Christ. In the first two verses we are told to "set our hearts and minds on things above."

Here is how Robertson describes this verse in "Word Pictures of the New Testament":

"The Christian has to keep his feet on the earth, but his head in the heavens. He must be heavenly minded on earth and so make earth like heaven.”

That is awesome! When we take "it" to the streets we must be heavenly minded and make earth like heaven.

This week we are bringing "it" to "The Office." We are to be kingdom people in the workplace "and so make the office like heaven." We are staying in Colossians. We are going to look at Colossians 3:22-4:1 and apply it to the workplace (Workers and Managers).

So while I am studying I came across this article READ.

I was blown away by the article.

I want to know what you think.

I will do a follow up post on my opinion of the article.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! what an unbelievable article. I find it hard to Love God and Love People if you are limiting your time with others who are not believers. It sounds to me that whoever wrote the article is more concerned with how others affect them than the affect that they might have on others. You cannot build any type of relationship by putting time restrictions on your friends and coworkers. Where do you find these articles?

Anonymous said...

The writer of that article must be on welfare. You would have to constantly be changing jobs/professions in order to do what it says. The Bible also tells us to "present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth."

Doing this will allow the christ-follower to be in the world but not a part of it.

Burn the article!!

Scott Baker said...

anonymous 1,

You ask where I find these articles. I was googling to find statistics, if there are any, on the productivity of Christians in the work place. I am curious to see if people who follow Jesus are more productive or less productive. From what I am studying for Sunday, they should be more productive.

I happened to google "Christians in the work place" and this article is one of the first hits in the list.

I agree with anonymous 2,

"Burn the Article!"