Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Great Start to Vacation


We arrived in Florida yesterday to visit my dad for a week. We got to go to the beach for a little this afternoon. Before the storm hit I got to do something really cool. Every time I have the opportunity to baptize someone it is a special event. Every time it has been one of the boys it is at a whole new level. Today, I waded out into the Atlantic Ocean, took Cole's (my middle son) confession and baptized him.

We had talked about it before we came down and I gave him four options of when and where. He chose the beach. What a great way to start a vacation!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome Scott. Couldn't ask for a better day.

Anonymous said...

THAT IS SO COOl!! I'm happy for Cole and know that you and Rhonda must be so very proud.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to one of my fav nephews! I am very excited for you! I hope that you all have a great time with Dad this week!! Lots of Love

Lisa Hardin said...

Wow! What a tremendous event! Nothing like seeing your child grow in the faith. And to baptize him too! Totally awesome! Congratulations to you, Scott and Rhonda for guiding him, and congratulations Cole for a life changing event!
Queenie