Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Keep praying for Zimbabwe

I did not know I would fall in love with people I have never met. I met Dereck several years ago at a basketball camp. He is from Zimbabwe and is the one who we were going with this year to do a basketball camp. We have suspended the trip for now becasue of all the violence in that country.

I got an email from Dereck last night that had an article about a popular manager at the local Zimbabwe Electricity Supply Authority. They found him dead after the ruling party raided his office. This is the third relative of Dereck's that has been killed in the last three weeks.

Please pray for Zimbabwe, Dereck and his Family. Pray for the church in the village that they will stay faithful to God during such a terrible time in the history of Zimbabwe. Pray that things will settle down in that country in the future so we can take the basketball camp there and develop a plan to start new churches.

No comments: