Thursday, November 6, 2008

Why Church?


I am reading through the Book, "Breaking the Missional Code" by Ed Stetzer and David Putman. Chapter 4 starts out with this question: "Why did God create and choose this institution called 'church'?"

This was a stop you in your tracks question for me yesterday. I read that question yesterday morning. I did not read any further. And I have been thinking about it ever sense.

Every church leader needs to wrestle with this question. The answer to this question will define the purpose of every leader in the church. The answer to this question will probably be a difficult pill to swallow, because we will find out that maybe we have been doing church wrong for a very long time. The answer to this question will challenge you to rethink the role of the church in your life and in the life of the community.

Think about this question for a while. I would like to know the answer you come up.

No comments: