Thursday, July 31, 2008

Round Lake Basketball camp

I have not blogged for a while, I am Round Lake Christian Assembly for basketball camp. Each year we do a half of week for girls and a half for boys. It is very tiring yet very rewarding. I am coaching a boys team that will play for the championship tomorrow morning. It is kind of funny since I do not really know what I am doing.

We have kid this week that is autistic. He is awesome! He is having a blast and the other boys have included him in everything. He scored a basket yesterday, which made everyone's week. He has already stood up during lunch to sin two songs. Not your usual camp songs, I mean top forty stuff. He is the best defender in the camp because he never leaves his man (he has followed him to the huddle during a time out).

You know God is like that with us. He follows us everywhere we go. Our problem is that we are not focused on our relationship with God. We do not acknowledge his presence. This young man, always is striving to do the right thing and he is very focused on it. How about you. Have you acknowledge God's presence today? Are you focused on pleasing God and focusing on his will? I think we all know the answer to that last one. Were not as good as we should be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your right. I think we spend our day doing our own thing and we only call on God when we feel we are in trouble.

Anonymous said...

Your story reminds me of the 'blind' kid when we worked that camp together a million years ago. I think we all learned a lesson that day about perseverance and determination.

Jen