Thursday, January 14, 2010

Ordering Pizza Later

I consider myself an expert on Pizza. I love Pizza, it is one of my favorite foods. If I am in a new city or town and I have a chance to choose the style of food for dinner, I will often ask, "What is the best pizza in town? I don't want a chain, I want some local place that is considered the best pizza."

My favorites from around the country are:

Myles Pizza in Bowling Green, Ohio
Ginos East in Chicago (stuffed pizza of course)
Mac and Bob's Pub in Salem, Virginia
Baldo's Brick Oven Pizza in Greenpoint (Brooklyn), NY
Moma Santas in Little Italy, Cleveland, Ohio
Giovonis Pizza in Grayson, Ky.
Gioninos Pizza in Northeast, Ohio (Tallmadge)
La Rossa's Pizza in Cincinnati, Ohio

I would love to hear some of your favorites.

The reason I am talking about Pizza though is because of a commercial I saw the other day. It was a Dominos commercial. I personally have not had a Dominos pizza forever. You know why? Because their "crust taste like cardboard and their sauce taste like ketchup." This is what people were saying about Dominos.

Now Dominos took a risk and decided to change everything. Watch this video:

Now what if the church would be this serious? What if we listened to what people were saying about the church and why they did not see the church as an important or effective part of their life? Would we be able to accept the brutal facts and present Jesus in an authentic way so that the world would fall in love with him once again?

Is it worth the risk to allow people to see the real Jesus or are we better off staying the same?

I'm ordering Dominos later. I will let you know what I think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

completely worth it - let me know when you see someone doing it though... I don't know. It's very possible many are, even near me. Authentic for me and "real relationships" to me may be much more than a lot of others...


BTW - it's LaRosa's in Cincinnati and if you're ever in Detroit, make sure to go to Pizza Papali's (great deep dish)!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.