Monday, August 3, 2009

I'm Back

I am back in the office after a long but moving week. I spoke at Velocity, the church plant we have partnered with other churches to start. What an experience. The church is 15 weeks old and already has about 160 people coming regularly. The worship was fantastic. The people who serve are amazing. They have already had close to if not more than 15 baptisms. What a fabulous Sunday morning experience.

Then I had the privilege to be a part of a Bill Bondurant's funeral. There are two people through my life that I would say have walked with God. Bill was one of them. He is one of the most amazing people I have ever met. His children all spoke at the funeral which really allowed people to see the kind of man Bill was. I know where he is right now, but it will be difficult not having this servant around, he was a very special man.

Finally, I just got back from Basketball camp at Round Lake (our Christian Camp). It was one of the best weeks of camp I have been a part of. The students were awesome. They really took the theme to heart--"Pay the Price." Coop and Palmer did another fantastic job putting the week together.

Next, I prepare to go to Zimbabwe in Oct. Please pray for our trip and the new church we will be starting while we are there.

No comments: