Monday, May 18, 2009

Is Taking Ten Ibuprofen Bad?

Not if they're Junior Strength. I had this horrible headache this morning after our staff meeting. So on our way to lunch we stopped by the store to get some ibuprofen. I ran in and grab the generic brand off the shelf without looking at the package. While walking out the store I began to open the ibuprofen.

Hmmm. "These are rather large for me to swallow," I thought to myself. Then I read the word chewable. No problem other than they taste horrible. I had hoped they would taste like baby aspirin when I was a kid. No such luck. So I took the normal three when I have a headache of that magnitude.

After I choked those three down I read a little further on the bottle, "Junior Strength." Crap! I haven't been the size of a junior since I was in first grade. So I looked on the back of the bottle- "72-95 lbs., three tablets." I can't remember the last time I weighed under 100 lbs. So I had to do the math. So I rounded it off and took an even ten.

The good thing is that my headache is gone.

The lesson learned, other than reading the bottle before you purchase, is a quote I have on my white board:

"It is more important that we do the right things than we do things right." Dave Browning

1 comment:

Russ said...

All I can say is wow!!!