Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I love being in the Woods

I went Turkey Hunting for a little while this morning. This is the last week of Spring Gobbler season in Ohio. While I still haven't "caught anything," as our student minister puts it, I have enjoyed being in the woods.

if you have never done it, you need to try it. Even if you don't hunt. But you have to go before the sun comes up. It is incredible to hear the woods wake up in the morning. The birds start chirping, you hear the rustling of leaves as squirrels and chipmunks begin their day. The dew is still on the grass. No gobbles this morning though.

I did see ten deer. They are fun to watch. They could smell me, but could not see me. They looked hard, but never knew where I was.

You know, God is awesome! A morning in the woods, by yourself, with God . . . Life is good!

No comments: