Tuesday, March 11, 2008

"No. But I did stay at a . . ."

Ok, it has been a week since I posted. I have felt awful for the last six days. I do not even remember what I said Sunday morning, it had to do with Jesus heading for Jerusalem on his way to fulfill his mission, "to seek and save that which is lost."

Friday morning I was home with Seth. He had been up all night with a stomach ache. I went to Walmart at 1 am and what I got, he couldn't take. So, Friday morning I took him to Rite Aid to get some children's antacid. I spent a long time looking over the various products on the shelf. Seth was great, he was very patient through the whole process. A guy walked up to me and aksed me if I needed any help. I told him what I was looking for and he said that what I had in my hand would work fine. I thanked him and then began to walk away.

Out of curiousity, I turned back around and asked the man if he was the Pharmacist. He said, "No. But I did stay at a . . . " No, he did not say "Holiday Inn Express." It would have worked. It would have been funny. But instead he finished with, "That's probably what I would give my kid." For all I know he was the cleaning guy and here he is giving me medical advice. Medical advice he was not even sure of, He said, "probably."

Look, when I am sick or when someone else in my family is sick, I don't want a "probably." I want a sure thing. I want something that is going to work. I want something that is going to bring healing. I want something that is going to give me rest. I want something that gives me peace.

That is why I love Jesus, he doesn't give me a "probably." When it is chaotic and stressful, he says, "Peace be still." When we are tired and weary, he says, "Come to me and I will give you rest." When we are sick, he says "your faith has healed you."

And you know what? He never stayed at Holiday Inn Express. He is the real deal, someone we can recommend to everybody. Even if we are the cleaning guy.

No comments: