Friday, April 9, 2010

WallBuilders - Issues and Articles - Church in the U.S. Capitol

I was watching Glenn Beck last night. I never watch him, but I could not get one of the boys to join me in a game of Call and Duty. He had David Barton, a historian on the show talking about the faith of the founding fathers. Below is an article about how in the beginning of our history church was held at the Capitol Building. That's right, our founding fathers, early presidents attended church in the Capitol.

2000 people attended church in the Capitol (one of the first mega churches). Yet now, we interpret separation of church and state quite differently than what was intended.

Read the article and tell me what you think.

WallBuilders - Issues and Articles - Church in the U.S. Capitol

Posted using ShareThis

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting information. I guess somewhere along the way we let the ACLU sneek into the picture.

Wink said...

Very interesting article! Very cool that church and state were one! Never knew that before. However, I bet Hoovie knew that!