Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Loving Dennis Rodman

Don't laugh or judge me, but I got hooked on Celebrity Apprentice a couple weeks ago. I even DVR it (I can't believe I just said that). This past week Dennis Rodman was the project manager. A lot of you are turned off by Dennis Rodman because of his radical look and take on life ( I am not a fan either). I have to admit, he is different, but he is still a person, a child of God.

I know a lot of the reality shows are edited to get the story they are looking for and I know they did the same with this episode, but it got really intense in the board room. Jesse James, confronted Dennis Rodman about his drinking problem.

The show took a turn, it became less about the show and more about a person who has a serious problem. It became as Joan Rivers said an intervention. The women's team agreed with everything that was said about Rodman.

His defense turned to the fact that he was a great athlete and had won five championships. Herschel Walker said that is the past, what matters is today. Who are you today is all that matters.

The point of me blogging about this today is that some times we have to look past our initial judgements of a person to love them. We have to see people where theymay be struggling and have the courageous love to tell them the truth about themselves.

Sometimes we have to realize that what we are doing at the moment, needs to be redirected in order to love people (looking past the show, to a person who has a problem).

I am going to embed the last 9 minutes of the episode. I hesitated doing so because there is some language that may offend some. I am asking you to look past it to learn a valuable lesson on loving people. Then let me know what you think.

No comments: