Thursday, June 29, 2017

Coke challenge

I walked up to the kitchen to get something to drink one afternoon. I got my usual Diet Coke. And of course I fell into the gimmick of Coke for the last two summers, I checked to see what the name was on the bottle. I had hoped that it was my first or last name. It was not, but it was the name of someone I know. 

I don’t know if it was one of those God moments or not but I felt like I should pray for the person whose name randomly appeared on my bottle of Diet Coke. And then I thought, I should do this every time.

Since that day I have noticed that every time I get a Diet Coke, I can associate the name on the bottle with someone I know, so I pray for them. I just pray simply for God to be with them, provide for them and protect them.

Is this some insane way God is working in my prayer life right now? I don’t know, but is it bad to be praying for people we know by name? Absolutely not! As a matter of fact I don’t think we pray for people by name enough just on a whim or on the spur of the moment. 

We pray for people when there is a need or a prayer request, but what about for those we know well and those who are just an acquaintance?


So my challenge to you this summer is to pray for people, people who randomly come up when you get a Coke. Some may need it right at that moment for whatever reason. Regardless of whether they need it specifically at the moment, we could all use it. #ShareaCoke #Prayforpeoplebyname

No comments: