Thursday, January 14, 2016

Living in the Divine Space

I was in a meeting this week and someone mentioned something about the Divine space. A space where you are alone with God. Just you with the creator and the redeemer.

Since that day I have really been thinking about how often I live in that Divine space.

In Hebrews 10:22 it says, “let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.”

The image that comes to mind when I think of drawing near to God is a child who snuggles up close to a parent or grandparent with a book to have them read to them. Or a child that snuggles up close to someone to watch a movie for the 30th time or a television show.

How often do you enter into that Divine space with God?

As I began to think through the Divine space even more I was reminded of one of my favorite professors, Dr. Joe Ellis. He introduced me to a book by Brother Lawrence called “The Practice of the Presence of God.” Brother Lawrence dedicated his life to “practicing the presence of God.” The summary of his principle was, “Live as though God is beside you and with you all the time—as indeed He is.”

Do you live within this Divine space?

My guess is not all the time. However I believe we should, like Brother Lawrence strive to live as though God is beside us all the time.

Brother Lawrence offered this prayer in his writings:
“I here and now submit myself again totally to you, without any reserve, not claiming your   presence as a right but resigning myself completely to your good and perfect will.”


Let’s all strive to live within the Divine space, surrendering ourselves fully to God. 

No comments: