Friday, September 24, 2010

It Happened


I met someone for coffee yesterday in Starbucks. Yes, I said coffee. For those who don't know I am not much of a coffee drinker, but I always wanted to carry a Starbucks cup like a lot of the trendy world does. It is more of a status symbol or your club card. I am in now because I found something I like or at least can tolerate.

I am not proud of my usual but I have manned up and do get an extra shot of espresso. I am sure you want to know the manly drink I prefer. It is a "Triple Skinny (because I am trying to lose some weight) Carmel Latte." There I said it. I guess I will have to post another manly question on Facebook. But if you want it you will have to take it from me (if getting physical over a latte is even possible). It doesn't matter what I drink, I am in the club, I carry the cup to prove it.

Sounds like our Christian life doesn't it. We can carry a Bible, go to church and even have a Jesus fish on the back of our car but nobody really knows who we are on the inside. We can promote ourselves on the outside and still have a lot of crap on the inside. I mean nobody knows what I am drinking when they see me carry a Starbucks cup unless of course you are one of those ice coffee kind of people. I just never could see John Wayne out on the range or in a fox hole drinking ice coffee. Is ice and coffee really suppose to go together?

So it happened, I am kind of drinking coffee now. But that is not what I really wanted to blog about, but this one is getting to long so . . . I will have to continue tomorrow.

But think about it, if you are a follower of Jesus, are you really following him or are you just carrying the cup?

No comments: