Wednesday, February 17, 2010

What Church Would Jesus go to?

I just started reading "The Intangible Kingdom" by Hugh Halter and Matt Smay. In the second chapter they are talking about not being anti-church but pro-church, "the type of church Jesus would go to, the type he died to give flight to." This made me start thinking about what that church would look like.

I posted the question on my Facebook page and hope to get some responses. I am not sure I want to answer this question because I am afraid it would be to much about "me." What I would like to see the church become. To really answer this question one really needs to get into the heart of Jesus and listen to his heartbeat.

I do not want to answer this question because I am afraid. I am afraid of what it might reveal about myself and the church I serve at.

I do not want to answer this question because it may be to hard. Not hard to answer, but hard to become that church. Too many paradigms to change and people who would get upset. It is easier just being the church which has lost its voice and influence in our culture.

I want to answer it because I love the church and I love Jesus and what both are suppose to represent. I want to answer it because then Jesus becomes the focus and he becomes the draw. It is no longer about buildings, budgets and programs, it is about life, a life lived out to please Jesus and fulfill His mission. I want to answer this question because it would be refreshing to be a part of a movement like this.

What about you? What would the church Jesus would go to look like? Any thoughts?

No comments: